Table of Contents
When writing the code for web applications, developers frequently use descriptive variable names and comments to make the code easy to read and understand. This code, however, can be pretty extensive and take a while to load in a web browser.
Developers can use a program known as a “minifier” to compress the code and eliminate extraneous characters, whitespace, and comments to enhance performance. The leaner, more effective code that results can reduce the time it takes for pages to load.
Before starting the process make sure you are using the same serial code of the Minified version to fix the issue. Below are the steps I have provided some major occurred minified version files hope this will help you.
- Login To Your Shopify Dashboard
- Click On Sales Channel which appears on the left side of the dashboard
- Select Online Store
- Click on the Theme option
- And, Choose Edit code
- Search theme.liquid
- Open the search box and search the stylesheet
- Replace it with the given Minified version
Note:- Make Sure the serial number Should matches the minified version of the file name.
Follow the steps which are mentioned above to fix the issue. If you are still facing issues drop us an email. We will try to find a fixed solution for you.
Also Read:- Google Clarifies Title Tag Guidance
Some Minified & Unminified Files of JavaScrip
Fix: Some CSS files don’t seem to be minified
There are a few possible reasons why some CSS files might not be minified:
- There is a syntax error in the CSS file. Minification tools will often skip over CSS files that contain syntax errors.
- The CSS file is being loaded from a content delivery network (CDN). CDNs often cache minified versions of popular CSS files, but they may not cache all CSS files.
Some Minified & Unminified Files of CSS
What SEMrush says about the issue
Google Article link: https://web.dev/performance-optimizing-content-efficiency
If you look carefully at the resource URL you will find “theme.js” in the middle of the URL it means you need to minify the theme.js file in the directory, so for this below are the steps for it
- Open theme file edit
- Search for theme.js in the search box
- Copy the whole code and paste it into the given website box.
- Click on Minify
- Click on the copy button and paste it into the Shopify code editor.
- Click on the Save button